Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Night With Our Stars - A West Australian Author and Illustrator showcase

What a great time I had at Westbooks last night! I was there in my role as volunteer and committee member with the Children's Book Council of Australia (WA branch).


I always feel so honoured to chat with 'real' authors and illustrators. Are we lucky here in the west, or what?! Not only are these people talented and inspiring, but they are also approachable, friendly and happy to chat. I love being a 'pre-published' (love that one) protégé. I learn so much from these knowledgable neighbours of mine :) Sadly I don't have any photos to share right now, but I'll share them as they come to hand. I know there's one on Shirley Marr's camera of herself, Cristy Burne, Lara Morgan and myself. See? I was in esteemed company!


Don't forget to visit the CBCA WA blog for the latest about WA authors and illustrators, as well as some posts I've been doing about early literacy.


Cheers,
Caz

No comments: