Monday, July 5, 2010

A thorough day's work

How can it be that a thorough day's work as a writer can look like so very little on the surface? I spent the day reading, clicking, reading, clicking, clicking, clicking, reading, tapping, tappity-tapping, deleting, adding, reading... but somehow I don't feel like I achieved very much!

The good news is that I completed assignment number two for my Professional Children's Writing Course. I hope I did what was expected - once again it wasn't too difficult. I guess it was because the idea was already firmly in my brain. It's sort of taking some time to get my head around the fact that I am totally enjoying what I am working on. I mean... is that allowed?? Do I deserve to be sitting here enjoying what I'm doing? I guess I am more accustomed to the idea of work being a bit of a drag - like a lot of other people, I'm sure.

I am really in awe of the people I've met through SCBWI, and others, who have followed their dreams and utilised their skills in the arts. They must have had some great support to get to where they are today (one would hope!) There are definitely some negative people out there who will try to stop creativity in its tracks. I guess they might be well-meaning, but they sure can confuse a person and throw them off-course.

Anyway, I am not dealing with people like that in my happy, little bubble. I hope you're not either.
:)
Caz

No comments: