Sunday, July 18, 2010

Going cuckoo over Twitter

The past few days have been MAD. Have I been preparing for my trip to the northern hemisphere? Ummm... I think so! Does it feel like it? Nuh-uh! The conference is really SOON and I have real things to do, but...

I have just joined the Twitter revolution (am I late?) I think I have a lot of catching up to do. What the...? So many #s and @s and RTs and #iamstumped. I have to admit that it's getting a little out of control. I am spending more time on TweetDeck than in my word processing software. Not good!

I suppose I need to spend some quality time with Twitter to begin with. We need to get to know each other. Twitter cares about me, doesn't it? Little birdy, let me hear those sweet tweets so I know there are other writers out there avoiding writing just like me!

I think I need a fail whale to save me from this new addiction.

Oh, if you are checking in with me for the first time - hello! It's really great to have you. Are you also addicted to social networking? Can I succeed as a writer with all of this social networking to do?

Caz

P.S. Wanna be my Twitter friend?

2 comments:

Melissa Gill said...

I feel the same way about Twitter. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and it seems like a big time suck. But so many people rave about it, there must be something to it.

It is very cool to be talking to someone in Perth, Australia though.

Sally said...

I'll be your twitter friend... but I never really log in there. I'd rather crochet :) ... actually - I think I am heading back in time.